Sunday, April 30, 2006

Sunday Brunch

We invited friends over for brunch today. Nothing fancy: bloody Marys (nothing but Tabasco branch b/m mix), soft scrambled eggs, Farmer John breakfast sausages, toasted English muffins served with raspberry jam and my homemade mango-lime perserves, and chocolate marble cake for dessert. The cake recipe I got the other day from bakingsheet. This cake came together easily. The print font was a little small for me, and I did not see the 1/4 cup water to be added to the chocolate batter to thin it out a bit, but the cake came out fine without it. I have to admit I've swiped bakingsheet's photo, but the cake got eaten up before I could take one of my own.

Breakfast was served outside by the pool under the overhang, but it did start to get rather toasty warm, probably mid-80s by the time we finished. By later afternoon, it had reached 95 degrees and we finally had to switch on the swamp cooler. Well, I guess our cooler spring temps are gone for this year.

No comments: