Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Cool Slide Show Program

I found a link to Slide from Adam's The Amateur Gourmet site and gave it a try. It's easy to set up an account and figure out how to make a slide show.


Here are some of the female artists on my new iPod that Eddie got me for my birthday.



Aside from holding a mind-boggling number of music tracks and photos, I can store hundreds of podcasts and listen to them anytime, anywhere. Right now, I'm listening to a lot of the Feast of Fools podcast, which comes out of Chicago. Not for the prudish, but at times it's outrageous and other times it's very informative and deep. The Ru Paul phone call from a recent episode was unbelievable.

Also of interest to all foodies should be the podcast of KCRW's Good Food hosted by the talented chef and restrauteur Evan Kleiman. I especially enjoy the weekly report from the Santa Monica farmers' market which always focuses on what's seasonal and in the markets right now. Also, recently made available for podcast is The Splendid Table hosted by Lynne Rosetto Casper.

Even if you don't download the programs for an iPod, take some time to listen to them online, either streaming or live. They're well worth it; I promise.

No comments: