Saturday, September 15, 2007

Orange Jubilee

Came across a really cool site the other day, Hillbilly Housewife, and she's got a lot of great recipes by categories, including this one for an Orange Julius copycat. I made this with the optional egg, and it added a lot of body and creaminess. I'm sipping on my first glassful as I type this, and I'll save the rest for an afternoon pick-me-up. I wonder how this would be with frozen tangerine concentrate or other citrus flavors? Hmmmm! Gotta try that soon.

Thanks, Maggie, for the great recipe!

Orange Jubilee

  • 3/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
  • 2 cups milk
  • 1 medium egg (optional)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 12 ice cubes
  • a strong blender

In a blender container, combine the orange juice concentrate, milk, egg (if you are using it), vanilla and sugar. Put the lid on the blender and whirl it at top speed for about 30 seconds. While the blender is running, drop in the ice cubes one at a time. Continue whirling until the ice is well chopped.


No comments: